Thaipusam 2014

on Friday, January 17, 2014

Another year, another occasion.. another celebration or should i say prayer day. Well its clearly misinterpretation involve here. Today is Thaipusam day in hmm most of the country where Tamil peoples are. For me Thaipusam widely is misinterpreted as a celebration by many surprisingly! as its more towards prayer to a specific god.. Lord Murugan. I'm surprised my colleges are telling me "hey happy thaipusam" well i wondered to myself.. what should i do? go shopping? buy new clothes? visit friends and family? eat and sleep? Hahaha its a prayers day for the god and nothing to celebrate about! Well that's what happen when you live in a multi racial society that lacks the understanding of certain culture. For this year, its a somber day for me. As i did not participate for the prayers at any point.  Why? Since my fathers demise, its in Hinduism rules that one should not observe any prayers, celebrate any festive, or make a large scale celebration & etc. My father passed away last year June so till June 2014 (which is exactly a year), no celebration or prayers of any sorts are to be done by me. Well since there is a rule, its better for me not to break them. I'm pretty sure there are some intangible reasons behind this. I missed the prayers to my lovely god lord murugan. Well for now im targeting next year for a better prayers and offerings for him.

What im doing this year? well sitting in the office and typing this blog.. Hahaha. Supposingly i should just sit at home but i rather come to office to forget all the thaipusam hype and celebration prayers that im missing right now.



வெற்றிவேல் முருகனுக்கு அரோகரா!!!!!

0 comments: